Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Cloth Diapers

Here is the very adorable Carter tush in a cloth diaper. 



I have been wanting to post about my new found baby thing but I just wasn't sure how I wanted to do it. Now that I have been using them for about 2 months I know exactly why they seem so amazing to me.



I got into cloth diapers for the environment not because of chemicals but as I have researched it more I am happy that my baby doesn't have those yucky chemicals next to his precious skin!



It does make me so happy to know that I am eliminating a large amount of our waste that our family was contributing to landfills. We are now much more environmentally friendly! My only hope now is that when my son Carter grows up he will realize that he helped make a small difference in the word when he was really too little to know what he was doing.



While I thought the small change we were making was enough to make me happy I realized that I wanted others to join me. But I can't convince everyone that this is next best thing but I may convince one person (Sheena) who may change someone else’s mind. Small steps I guess are the most important thing!!! We will all find our own way to make a difference and hopefully better the world that our children will be living in for them.



The next amazing thing is no diaper runs!!! This must be the most amazing part ever! I don't have to stand in the Target diaper aisle debating on what is the best deal and what I can currently afford for diapers. The past 3 1/2 years that I have been buying diapers for my children has worn me out. I am so glad that we no longer have to do it! I am now able to buy diapers from the comfort of my home one diaper at a time. I can search sales and deals and only buy what I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment